Friday, August 20, 2010

Can a virus disconnect your internet?

I've got some sort of virus that has stopped my windows media player from working and I can't get to my Task Manager. It have been messing up my explorer connection when I tried to log into Yahoo mail.



So I got a bunch of free anti virus/anti spyware programs and ran them. None of those did anything. Now, all of the sudden I can't get to the internet via my computer (although I can still use Xbox live so I know the juices are flowing through the cable so to speak). It says I have ''Limited or no connectivity'' or something like that. Right now I'm using my computer at work.



Could this be the virus or could it be a firewall blocking the internet connection entirely or what? Any advice?



Can a virus disconnect your internet?antivirus downloads



Definitly, a virus can do anyhting from nothing to corrupt all your files on your system. I suggest AVG free edition. If it was a firewall, you need to go to the setting and change it to accpet sites and cookies of that sites,.



Can a virus disconnect your internet?cafe racer



I suggest that you try to carryout system restore to a day previous to the day when there was no virus or any problems. It may be a few weeks or months back. You have to decide the date. Detailed instructions are posted at http://fixit.in/systemrestore.html

No comments:

Post a Comment