Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Do I still need Norton security software even I have all necessary soft-wares in my computer?

I have windows vista home premium and have all recommended anti virus(Avast free home edition) and anti spyware(windows defender) and microsoft built in firewall.I can see I still have Norton Secuiry software in my install/uninstall list.I really don't know if It's safe to uninstall it from my system as I don't want to pay.Is there any safe way to uninstall it without harming my computer's other features?



Do I still need Norton security software even I have all necessary soft-wares in my computer?antispyware



Since you're running seperate Antivirus, antispyware, and relying on windows firewall, then you don't in fact need Norton for anything.



In fact, running multiple Antivirus programs simultaneously can have negative effects.



You should be able to uninstall it as you would any other program, but then again norton is notorious for making that process as painful as possible. Try searching for ''Norton Removal Tool'' on the net, that might help you out. (In fact, it's hosted on Norton's own website)

No comments:

Post a Comment