Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Has anybody else had problems in preventing PC Tools from taking money out of their bank account?

Did you know you there are problems in cancelling subscriptions for products sold by PC Tools?



I had a one-year subscription for this company's Spyware Doctor. I decided not to pay for a second year's subscription because it took up too much space on my computer. I told PC Tools about the subscription cancellation - but they STILL tried to extract money from my bank. I won that battle, but recently opted for a free trial of the updated Spyware Doctor. I was horrified to receive an email from PC Tools saying they would take a subscription out of my bank - even though I don't want it. I am trying to stop them. Has anyone else had similar problems? Because of the payment method PC Tools use (Continuous Payment Authority) my bank cannot cancel the payment. Only PC Tools can do that.



Has anybody else had problems in preventing PC Tools from taking money out of their bank account?virus protection software



I haven't had a problem with PC tools, although thanks for the heads up..



But -



I have had problems of the same with others before. It's easy.



You just put a ''Stop payment'' - Ask your bank - for say, 3-4 months on anything that comes in with THEIR name. That's enough time for them to give up, and It costs less than paying the NSF fee everytime they try to extract money from your account!



Sorry to hear about a 'reputable' company giving you a hard time like that! Just do what I suggested..



Good Luck :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment