Sunday, August 8, 2010

Why will microsoft word 2000 not start?

As soon as I attempt to run it, it instantly utilizes 100% of the cpu and the AVG E-mail scanner kicks in; then about 5-8 minutes later, 2 unresponsive microsoft word 2000 windows open up and then nothing. I already sent an error report and am not holding my breath.



Strangely, it also seems I can not install windows updates.



Is there anything I could try (all I have in the way of security software is AVG free) that doesn't involve me installing spyware removers and such?...or does it seem that's my only option at this point? Please help. Pretty pretty please. I don't wanna buy a new computer yet...too expensive. There MUST be something I can do...there MUST be a computer expert on Yahoo Answers somewhere out there...



Why will microsoft word 2000 not start?virus



Uninstall Word 2000



Uninstall AVG



Restart your computer.



Immediately go to Windows update and get all updates for windows.



Restart.



Install Word 2000



Go to MS site and update Word.



Restart.



Try Word. Should work fine.



Reinstall AVG



Get all updates for AVG.



Try Word again. If it has the same old problem, then AVG and Word are probably not compatible. Uninstall AVG and use another AV program.

No comments:

Post a Comment