Sunday, August 8, 2010

If you download music does it support the artist like buying CD's?

I mean like if you download from Yahoo music, Napster, or other sites where you pay, does the artist get a percentage of the profit? And do they get some of the profit if its like napster to go? Please, no one suggest any free sites, because lots of them have spyware, especially limewire.



If you download music does it support the artist like buying CD's?virus removal



Actually, artists are almost universally complaining that they do not get as much for digital downloads as they do for records. The royalties they get from recordings comes very close to being what I would call a scam to begin with. Check out the Broadjam article below to reveal just how big a scam (What I believed is apparently just the tip of the iceburg!) On top of that, The RIAA, the very company that is supposed to be looking out for artists, is petitioning to reduce their royalties! (see the tuaw article below)



If you truly cared about the artist, you would be better off writing them a check and sending it directly to them. That is the only way they are ever going to see anything close to what they deserve compared to what the bloated machine behind them gobbles up. Why do you think artists like Garth Brooks, the Eagles, and Joni Mitchell are distributing through Wal-Mart and Starbucks rather than fall into the black hole of a standard distribution deal? Grinderswitch is actually selling their tunes on http://www.soundclick.com which is the same website where I let people download my songs for free. I have discovered that by allowing my songs to be downloaded for free, I am at the very least, not falling into debt by falling for a standard distribution deal. Fortunately I will probably never be popular enough to worry about fame and fortune anyway, but if you are a composer or lyric writer, that trap is especially hazardous to your financial health.



If you have a minute, drop by and listen to one of my spiritual children. If you hear something you like, leave me a note. I always love to get a message on my board.



http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagearti...



If you download music does it support the artist like buying CD's?anti virus protection



Yes. When you pay the artist makes money.

No comments:

Post a Comment